Manage your Conflict Minerals Declarations in CDX
Our CDX Conflict Minerals Declaration (CMD) Manager supports all EICC-GeSI CMRT versions. Usage is FREE for reporting directly to your customer or $525 annually for broader use. It's easy to register in CDX and then order from there.
Get a CMD license now!
On July 15, 2010 the US Congress passed the Wall Street Reform Bill that included a provision on conflict minerals. The bill requires companies that use tin, tungsten, tantalum, or gold (3TG) in their products or production of their products to file an annual disclosure report with the Securities and Exchange Commission that detailing whether these materials originated in the Congo or its adjoining countries. The bill requires companies to audit these reports to verify whether or not they were sourced from conflict mines.
CMD Manager within CDX
Based on the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act requirements, the CDX Conflict Minerals Declaration (CMD) Manager:
- Assists in the declaration process and roll up of information received from supplier companies
- Helps companies meet their reporting requirements
- Enables a managed Conflict Minerals Declaration process with full control over the company's supply chain
- Provides the best solution to manage the CMDs of business partners both working in CDX and exchanging CMDs with business partners not registered in CDX
The CDX CMD Manager provides different options for the management of CMDs:
- Import CMDs in an Excel format as defined by one of the different CMRT versions from suppliers who are not registered in CDX
- Create, send and receive CMDs from and to companies registered in CDX
- Incorporate CMDs received either via import or from CDX-using suppliers into your own company's CMDs
- Export CMDs into Excel files based on one of the template versions as defined by the CMRT
- Sort and group smelters within a CMD to provide an optimized view of the smelters, especially in complex declarations
- Validate CMDs imported into or created in CDX
The CDX CMD Manager handles different kind of smelters:
- Standard smelters which are listed in a version of the CMRT
- Conflict-Free Smelters defined by EICC-GeSI
- Smelters which register themselves in CDX
- Alleged smelters defined by the creator of a CMD
- Distributors and other facilities commonly, yet incorrectly reported as smelters