The focus on global environmental protection continues to grow daily with rules and regulations designed to address hazardous substances in products, as well as reduced waste and recycling efforts. As an IT services company, DXC Technology (DXC) leads the way in environmental compliance by enabling manufacturers to collect, maintain and analyze material data across all levels of their supply chain with the Compliance Data Exchange (CDX) solution.
SCIP Reporting: Exemplary for the growing demands on the industries and their supply chains is the EU Waste Framework Directive and the upcoming introduction of the so called SCIP (Substances of Concern in Products) database. SCIP is essentially part of the REACH § 33 enforcement scheme and companies producing for or importing into the EEA are required to submit so called SCIP Dossiers to this database, starting Jan 5, 2021. CDX will be supporting SCIP from early on. Click here for more information.
helps customers to:
- Source information related to Substances of Concern (SoC) in products
- Compile comprehensible and coherent representations of product's SoC content
- Understand their material compliance status by analysis of their whole assets
- Manage their suppliers' reporting requirements
- Swiftly and adequately react on customer requirements
In order to achieve this, CDX supports a Multi-Tier cross-industries approach, providing interfaces to industry standards such as
helps you implement global legal requirements that address:
- Conflict Minerals (read more about our CMD Manager in CDX)
- Hong Kong Convention (IMO)
With CDX, you can provide information about the materials contained in your products or used during your production process through the entire supply chain. You can analyze the data in terms of environmental compliance and have complete trust that this data is handled safely and confidentially.
CDX is always refining and enhancing our functionality to stay ahead of the changing compliance landscape.
Here are some of the enhancements, including additional functionality planned for upcoming CDX releases:
- Introduction of the CDX Compliance Dashboard
- Data transfer from CDX to IMDS
- Adaptations to upcoming changes in IPC-1752A and IEC-62474