2024-01-25 - ECHA Updates Candidate List: Five Hazardous Chemicals Added under REACH Regulation - CDX Web
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has made a significant update to the EU Candidate List of substances under the REACH Regulation. This update highlights the inclusion of five hazardous chemicals, now classified as substances of very high concern (SVHCs).
The newly added substances, complete with their CAS and EC numbers, together with additional details on their uses and reasons for inclusion can be found in the official announcement on ECHA's website.
This update imposes specific obligations, and it is important to note that CDX has already been updated to incorporate this substance within the REACH SVHC Candidate List.
Key points to note:
- Legal Obligations: Companies must adhere to legal obligations when their substance is included in the Candidate List, whether on its own, in mixtures, or in articles.
- Information Disclosure: Suppliers must inform customers and consumers if an article contains a Candidate List substance above a concentration of 0.1% (w/w), providing guidance on safe usage.
- Notification Requirements: Importers and producers of articles must notify ECHA if their article contains a Candidate List substance within six months from the inclusion date (23 January 2024).
- Safety Data Sheet Updates: EU and EEA suppliers of substances on the Candidate List in mixtures must update safety data sheets provided to customers.
- Waste Framework Directive: Companies must notify ECHA if articles contain substances of very high concern above 0.1% (w/w) under the Waste Framework Directive.
For those seeking software solutions to stay informed and compliant with the rapidly evolving regulatory landscape, don't hesitate to contact the Compliance Data eXchange Team (CDX) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer robust solutions to navigate the intricacies of compliance effortlessly.