How To Start - CDX Web
- Helps you address legal requirements
- Guides you through recyclability and reuse requirements
- Gathers knowledge about ingredients of products of your suppliers and sub suppliers
- Provides simplicity and completeness of data collection
- Standardizes with proven process
- Leverages DXC's experience through IMDS
- Enables functionality without investing in expensive custom-built supply chain solution
- Enables simplified format for suppliers to easily respond to multiple requests
- Full, Partial and One Level Declaration possible
- Datasheets to describe contents of materials or components
- Reporting on Conflict Minerals with the Conflict Minerals Declaration Manager
- Reporting throughout the entire supply chain
- Collaboration with in house system
- End-to-end-material information solution
- Free creation and sending of Datasheets
- Web Application (browser-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution)
- No hardware or license cost
- Nominal fee for incorporating received datasheets
- Self-registration process
- Register your company and first user
(responsible for managing the company record)
- First user creates and maintains additional users for this company
Browser Versions for CDX
In addition to a PC connected to the internet, you will need an Internet browser. The following browsers are fully tested and supported:
- Microsoft Edge (current version)
- Mozilla Firefox (current version)
- Google Chrome (current version)
The Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 11 and older versions explicitly excluded for the CDX Application use.
The following Browser Settings must be enabled:
- Compatibility Mode - for Internet Explorer 8 and 9, only Native mode is supported. View Compatibility mode should be disabled.
- XMLHTTP - support must be enabled.
- Style Sheets - support must be enabled.
- Browser Add-ons - You should disable or remove third party browser add-ons because they can negatively interfere with the execution of the browser and the ADF Faces client framework.
- Cookies - You need to allow session cookies to be stored in your browser at least for the domain cdxsystem.com.
CDX Web Service Interface
CDX also provides the ability to interface with external systems through the CDX Web Service Interface (WSI). A Web Service is a method of communication between two electronic devices over a network and addresses three main problems:
- Firewall Traversal
Different interfaces and formats are available to interact with the Web Services, specifically: Web Services Description Language (WSDL), SOAP messages, or HTTP with an XML serialization, specified by an XML scheme definition (XSD).
Web Services consists of three categories:
Classic Download Services - the customer can download special documents with a defined name from the server. Published data are pre-generated as XML documents. Company-specific data are generated "On Request". The user can choose, if single MDS should be generated or listed for a certain period of time.
Classic Upload Services - transfers a document from the customer to the CDX server.
- "SOA" Web Service Style - methods for business functions and parameters / objects are defined in a "WSDL" scheme file. This makes it possible to create an own frontend and communicate synchronously with the CDX.
CDX WSI uses web-based standards:
- SOAP standards for WSDL scheme
- W3C Web Service standards and guidelines
- OASIS-XML-Namespace document for the WS security regulation 1.2
The CDX WSI user manual provides a detailed description of this service and how it works with your in-house application. To use the CDX Web Service, your company places a minimum of one License order in CDX (for CMD or MDS).
Please review the Web Service Client Installation document to see how you can test the CDX Web Service.
IMDS Data Transfer
DXC's CDX includes the ability to import existing Material Data Sheets (MDSs) from the International Material Data System (IMDS) into CDX.
With this function, DXC addresses the automotive supplier's need to further process MDSs that are already available in the IMDS and, are also used for other industries, without re-entering them in CDX.
Read more about this function ...